Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DIY BEDSIDE TABLE TRANSFORMATION...

Everyone has that drab piece of furniture that is on its last leg and ready to be thrown out. Instead of spending unnecessary money on another piece of expensive, trendy furniture, give it a makeover with this easy DIY project.

This is my bedside table BEFORE I transformed it. I was debating for months whether to just source new tables that better suite my space or be creative and give my existing bedside tables an uplift.

STEP ONE:

I started off by lightly sanding the entire table in order to prep for the painting. I then painted the piece (two coats to cover) Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore which is a beautiful dark charcoal tone. I then sealed the table by using a clear satin Varathane. 


STEP TWO:

Once your furniture piece is completely dry, use chalk & a ruler to draw out your desired design. I went with a simple, clean line look but you can do any pattern that suites your space. Once you have laid out your guidelines you are ready to start hammering. 



STEP THREE:

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer...This part is a long process that requires some patience! You can save yourself a lot of time by buying nailhead trim for this. Unfortunately, I could not find the finish I was looking for so I opted for the individual nail heads. Fill in your entire pattern until you are happy with the design.

STEP FOUR:

Install new hardware that looks great with the new look of the tables. I chose a glass knob that adds a bit of sparkle & matches the classic look of the new bedside tables.

 

This is my end result!




I am so happy with the outcome of my project and they look absolutely stunning. They add a sense of unique elegance to the bedroom & I have truly given them new life. Don't be afraid of tackling a DIY project, you will love the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10